While harvesting, keep in mind some of the following BMP guidelines:
- Maintain a minimum SMZ width of 50’ on each side of intermittent and perennial streams.
- Landings should be placed at least 50’ outside any SMZ on firm, level ground.
- All trash associated with the operation should be promptly hauled to a legal disposal site.
- Logging debris should NOT be pushed into drains or SMZs, and should be removed immediately from streams.
- Skid trails should be located along the contour when possible.
- Skid trails on slopes should have occasional breaks in the grade to vent water.
- All temporary stream crossings should be removed upon harvest completion.
https://tfatraining.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/pg26.jpg - image