Aerial imagery and photographs can be a very helpful tool in the planning and layout of your harvest operation. Aerial imagery can provide clues to important questions:
- Are there any rivers or streams nearby?
- What are my choices for access to the tract?
- Are there any right-of- ways of concern?
- Where are the existing roads and the best locations for new forest roads?
- Where are the property boundary lines?
- What forest cover types are present?
There are several places to obtain current aerial photos: